Sunday, April 16, 2006

The Footy


Last night I made it to my first ever rugby game. Queensland Reds vs. Pretoria Bulls (Pretoria is in South Africa for those who are wondering). We had seats 5 rows form the field near the end of the field. It was good location to view the action up close when they made it down to our area. These teams play rugby union rules. I can't really explain all the rules as I don't know them. It was still fun to watch, there were a few really hard hits and flaring tempers. They traded the lead all night long, with the final score being 20-19 in favor of the Reds. I am definitely glad that I got the oppurtunity to catch game before heading back to the U.S. Nothing like the Footy.

2 comments:

Mike said...

THis has nothing to do with your post. I was looking over your registry, and I have to admit that I was surpirsed by a couple things. "Shallow Hal" was the big one. Neither of you struck me as a fan of that movie, but surprises some in all kinds I suppose. "Evolution" was a funny movie. I remember seeing that will you and I think Josh back in the day.

Anonymous said...

Isn't footy not rugby but austrailian football which is kind of like rugby but not rugby? -Austin