Woke up and took a little walk down to the park where I read and relaxed. I am still not feeling all that well. I came back from the park to find Luke and the family back from church. I watched my first AFL (Australian Football League) rugby game which uses Australian Rules. They refer to it as ’footy’ over here. It was Brisbane against Sydney and Sydney destroyed Brisbane. One of the players on Brisbane ended up with a broken leg. After the AFL game we watched another rugby game that uses the ‘Rugby League’ rules.. This game was not as fast paced as the AFL game but it is definitely more fun to watch than an NFL game. Of the two I enjoyed the AFL game the most.
Luke got a hold of a couple that he is doing marriage counseling for to see if they could take me to church tonight. Their names are Rick and Kristy. Rick is really into bikes and works at Tyco. Kristy is a fully time student studying to be social worker. I met their friend Brett before church started. Brett is also into bikes and he runs his own barber shop. I enjoyed the service at Garden City Church, I even knew most of the worship songs. The pastor spoke about going past our limits and really talked about the church going out into the community. About midway through the service another friend of Rick and Kristy’s showed up, her name was Kylie. I talked with Kylie after the service and found out she is a school chaplain. Apparently over here at the principals request schools can have a chaplain. It is sort of like a counseling position, but they can talk about God. All in all a good night.
Sunday, August 14, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment