Saturday, August 27, 2005
A Night at West End
Went to a part of Brisbane called West End last night. It is an older area with a lot of little cafes and boutique style shops lining the road. I was told it was place you don't want to wander around at night by yourself. Seemed pretty safe to me. I had to catch a train to West End and it was packed, apparently there was a rugby game being played last night. Riding the train was an experience in itself. I ended up talking to these two guys on their way to the game just due to the fact that I was standing right on top them. Once I got to West End we ended up eating at a little coffee cafe called 'The Three Monkeys'. They served largely Italian style dishes and of course different types of coffee. One of the interesting things about restaurants here is that they are B.Y.O. which means you can bring your own alcohol in. So people were wandering around the restaurant with bottles of wine. I had a pretty good little pizza and great mocha. After dinner we walked to a place called the 'Pavallion'. It was a pool hall/bar/resturant which had a live band playing. The bands name was 'Jabba' and they weren't to bad. Played a game of pool and found out they play a little differently over here, so I got a few funny looks and was kindly told the correct way to play :) After the game we called it night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment