Saturday, March 25, 2006

The Big Update: Part 3 (Feb 18 - Feb 27)


Back again. Lets see at this point Kylie and I have been engaged for 4 days. On the Saturday after our trip, there was an open house for Kylie so that people could meet her. It ended up turning into a little engagement party as well. She was able to meet many of my friends and relatives. We also spent some time on Saturday discussing wedding plans. Well we decided to get married earlier than later and she decided that she would be willing to move over here to AZ. At this point we hadn't really settled on a date but we knew it would be sometime in May, since I needed to go back to work in June. Well after talking about wedding things we decided we should do something fun on Sunday so off we went to the Phoenix zoo. It was pretty much a perfect day at the zoo. All the animals were out and we enjoyed walking around outside. It was a great day and we got a lot of good pictures of the animals.

Monday and Tuesday of the second week were just spent hanging out together. I was able to take Kylie over to my townhouse and show her where we would be living. She loved it. The nice thing is I have never lived there so it is going to be new to both of us and we can make it our place. On Tuesday we headed up to Payson and Globe to visit my grandparents, and Laura, Austin and Eowyn. Also I talked with my dad and we ended up planning a little trip south. We decided to go to Tucson and Bisbee on Thursday and Friday. Kylie was definitely going to get the the whirlwind tour of Arizona on her two weeks here. On Wednesday we had tickets for the Phoenix Suns game. Before coming over Kylie said she would love to go to a game, so that is what we did. We got tickets for my parents, my brothers and their girlfriends and my friend Josh. So we had a big crowd going to the game. It was blast, the Suns won and Kylie got a free hat and Steve Nash bobble-head doll.

Thursday morning my parents, Kylie and I loaded up headed down Tucson. We got there about lunch time. We stopped at the Old Peublo Grill resturant and had some mexican food. The real reason we stopped there though was so we could get some Chile Pecan ice cream. It is good stuff, I highly recommend it. We also stopped at the Saguaro national park and looked all the cacti. Kylie enjoyed it all, since where she lives at they don't really have cactus. It was once again a beautiful day. Leaving Tucson we headed down to where we would be staying, a place called Cochise and I went for a hike. It was beautiful the walls of the canyon had pink, yellow, and green rocks all through it. While we were out hiking we came across a little javelina. In the morning we woke and there were deer outside of our window and all kinds of beautiful birds. We got a our breakfast delivered to our room and we sat outside with my parents and watched the deer and birds. It was an amazing experience. After breakfast we loaded up and headed to Bisbee. I have never been to Bisbee so it was fun. It is pretty much a tourist mining town. We wandered around there visiting shops. My dad orders coffee from a coffee roaster down in Bisbee so we found his shop as well. It was a relaxing time just being with Kylie and hanging out with my parents. We left Bisbee about mid-afternoon and headed back up to Phoenix.

Well we had been discussing wedding things all this time and we finally decided on date. May 13, 2006. Kylie and I spent the rest of her time here just visiting a few friends and just touring the area. On Monday the 27th night, I took to her the airport and she flew away :( Now we would be apart for a couple of weeks until I could get things squared away over here and get a ticket back to Brisbane.

No comments: