Saturday, March 25, 2006
The Big Update: Part 4 (Feb 28 - Mar 17)
Now starts the dark time, the time without Kylie. I had few things that needed to get done before heading back to Australia. First off was trying to figure out how Kylie and I can get married and not have to be apart for months waiting on a visa for her to come over here. Everything I had read said it would take a few months to get a visa, but I just prayed there would be a better way. I actually woke the next day and was looking at the visa process when I found out about Direct Consular Filing. DCF allows you to apply for a visa in person at the consulate. For Australia you are able to go to the U.S. Consulate in Sydney and file your paperwork and get a visa in day. That sounded perfect. I emailed the consulate and they sent a packet of forms to Kylie that day and I downloaded the necessary forms for my part and started filling them out. After reading over the requirements I needed 3 years of tax returns and a letter stating I was employed. So I emailed my manager and arranged a meeting with him to talk about work. The meeting went great not only do have a job to go back to, he said I could start back on the 1st of July giving me time to get our house in order. Also he arrange for me to get a letter stating I was employed. So all of that was an answer to prayer. I had talked to Kylie and I decided I would try to make it back to Australia by March 17. I had to order my tax transcripts but it said it would take 14 days to receive them, it ended up taking only 7 which was another answer to prayer. So I was able to get all my paper work finished about day before I left. So on the 15th of March I boarded my flight and headed off to Australia once again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment